Originally constructed as a schoolhouse in 1909, this two-story brick building with a walkout basement underwent a comprehensive rehabilitation and transformation in the 2010s. The building was adaptively reused as a community center and library and included a theater addition. JVA’s structural department was charged with strengthening deficiencies in the building’s roof framing system in part due to the large snow loads associated with the alpine environments, as well as bolstering the gravity framing and foundations of the structure to accommodate the change in use and significant medications to the interior bearing walls that open up the spaces. The building features exposed timber trusses that were retrofitted with steel rod ties. The existing concrete footings were strategically strengthened via micropile underpins.