Scotts Bluff Visitor Center/Museum Rehabilitation and Addition
Location: Scotts Bluff National Monument, NE
Built by the Civilian Conservation Corps in 1935, the visitor center/museum contributes to the Scotts Bluff Historic District. While the building retained its historic integrity, a 10-fold increase in visitation since it’s construction meant the building no longer met the needs of the park or its visitors. The project rehabilitated the historic structure, compatibly expanded to increase staff office space, updated building systems, addressed code deficiencies, and accommodated accessibility.